Re: no subject

Subject: Re: no subject
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 13:13:11 -0500
Werner Schulz wrote:

> What I meant, was that: If server 1,2..n initiates connections to clients
> then LVS should redirect them (persistent) to one of the servers A,B...n.

hmm, by definition, servers don't initiate connections to clients.
I'll assume you mean clients initiating connections to the LVS.

well persistence does this already if the clients are from different
persistence masks.

after the persistence timeout period, client 1 will be connected to the
next realserver in turn, which may not be realserver A.

If you want client 1 to always connect to realserver A, then you
don't need a director or LVS

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx