Re: no subject

Subject: Re: no subject
From: "Werner Schulz" <wsnoad@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:12:48 +0100 (MET)
> Werner Schulz wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm using linux kernel-2.6-test11 want to do something like that:
> >
> > clients ------ gw (lvs-dr+fwmark) ------ server 1,2,3...
> >                                +----------------- server B
> >                                +----------------- server C
> >                                           :
> >
> > If server 1,2... sends packets to clients LVS should redirect them to
> one of
> > servers B,C...
>
> I don't understand this.
>
> If server 1,2 does what?

sorry you are right. After reading my posting I have to agree, it's a little
bit unprecise.

What I meant, was that: If server 1,2..n initiates connections to clients
then LVS should redirect them (persistent) to one of the servers A,B...n.

My first idea was to mark every packet with -s server A,B...m -d clients
wich goes through the gw and let LVS redirect it to one of the servers 1,2...m.
However LVS ignores the marked packets :(

> > My problem is, that netfilter on gw correctly marks the packets (seen in
> the
> > iptables counter stats) but LVS doesn't route them to server B,C... It
> only
> > routes packets if they are marked _and_ addressed to the gw-VIP.
>
> LVS is incompatible with netfilter

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.patches.html#firewall_on_director

I read it, but I don't understand it completely. I will read it again and do
some tests...

regards werner