Re: RedHat Enterprise Linux AS as realservers?

Subject: Re: RedHat Enterprise Linux AS as realservers?
From: David Osborne <david.osborne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 12:10:49 +0100
Paolo

Just made sure the RS and my desktop were clear by rebooting them, with
the RS not having the VIP assigned at boot. Pinged the VIP from my
desktop, which I know is unused by any other system and is not in our
LVS Directors. Got no response. Then did an "ifup lo:1" on the RS, to
use the ifcfg-lo:1 I showed yesterday, pinged it from my desktop and got
a response. My desktop's ARP cache showed the MAC address of eth0 on the
RS. Looks like I can't duplicate what you've set up :-(

David

--
David Osborne
Central Systems & Security Team, Information Services