Re: LVS Beginner's question.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS Beginner's question.
From: Paul Baker <pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:14:27 -0500
On Tuesday, April 16, 2002, at 04:03 PM, Paul Baker wrote:
 Or as some people say... free as in beer.

Let me be the first to correct myself. I should not have used "free as in beer." It should read "free as in speech." Let me just quote the GNU website directly...

``Free software'' is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of ``free'' as in ``free speech,'' not as in ``free beer.''

Free software is a matter of the users' freedom to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software.

If you want even further clarification, visit http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

--Paul Baker