Re: LVS Beginner's question.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS Beginner's question.
From: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:59:21 -0700
At 04:18 PM 4/16/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tuesday, April 16, 2002, at 04:07 PM, Wayne wrote:
>>Anyone can access to it, that is the LIBERTY GPL gave to all of
>>us to any GPLed code and any modified version of it.
>>

>Still wrong. To quote GNU's website:
>
>Thus, you may have paid money to get copies of GNU software, or you may have
>obtained copies at no charge. But regardless of how you got your copies, you
>always have the freedom to copy and change the software, even to sell copies.

At the web site you quoted, it stated :"The freedom to improve the program, and
release your improvements to the public, so that the whole community benefits.
(freedom 3). Access to the source code is a precondition for this."

As long as this freedom is followed, I have no problem to anything
you like to say.  For "Access to the source code", it is only expect
to pay the "distribution cost".  Commercial development of free
software is wonderful, as long as the freedom to access source code
is not taking away from anyone.