Re: LVS Beginner's question.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS Beginner's question.
From: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:58:15 -0700
At 05:40 PM 4/16/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>On Tuesday, April 16, 2002, at 05:20 PM, Wayne wrote:
>
>>At 04:29 PM 4/16/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>>
>>"Except for one special
>>situation,
>

>The next day Mr. Wayne threatens to sue me for GPL infringement. My response
>is to laugh in his face. Yup you guessed it, laughing is allowed under the GPL.
>
>--Paul Baker

Mr. Baker,

Freedom to access the source code is the basic of the
GPL license.  That freedom is for everyone.  You can write
your own code on top of GPLed code, as long as you
did not modify the GPLed code, your own code does
not need to be opened.  But if you made any change to
the GPLed code, your modification must be open to everyone
who asking for it.  Reasonable distribution charge is okay.

Take something under GPL license and do not follow the
GPL license is not right, that called stolen. You can try to
make fun of me.  But that only shows to the world what
kind of person you are.  I am not shamed because of
someone trying to make this personal insult.

Wayne