Re: configuring LVS-DR on FC3

Subject: Re: configuring LVS-DR on FC3
From: ankush grover <ankushgrover1711@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:17:30 +0530
On 9/22/05, Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > If the answer is "No" to the above question.Then How to do I make LVS
> server
> > responds to the queries for real servers that is if any client tries to
> > access the Application running on Real Servers by giving the
> > ipaddress of LVS server and the application path. for ex :
> > http://192.168.1.42/his.
>
> 192.168.1.42 <http://192.168.1.42> is the VIP
> Add the VIP to the loopback device on the real servers
> set arp_ignore and arp_announce on the real servers
> make sure apache knows what to do with requests to
> 192.168.1.42<http://192.168.1.42>

The ipaddress of the Linux Director and VIP are same that is
192.168.1.42<http://192.168.1.42>.

Do I have to add VIP on eth0:0 on the linux director (as the ipaddress of
the Linux directory and VIP in my case are same that is
192.168.1.42<http://192.168.1.42>)
or just adding VIP to the lo:0 on the real servers will work.

To make apache knows what to do with requests to and from
192.168.1.42<http://192.168.1.42>I will certainly look for some
solution.May be configuring Virtual Hosts in httpd.conf will be one of the
solutions.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover