Re: configuring LVS-DR on FC3

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: configuring LVS-DR on FC3
From: ankush grover <ankushgrover1711@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:27:42 +0530
hey,

I did put these entries in /etc/sysctl.conf of real servers,but still I am
not able to access the application running on apache on real servers.

Entries in /etc/sysctl.conf
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2

My Scenario is such

LVS 192.168.1.42 <http://192.168.1.42>
Real Server 1 192.168.1.67 <http://192.168.1.67>
Real Server 2 192.168.1.68 <http://192.168.1.68>

Apache application is running on both the real servers and can be accessed
by giving the http://ipaddress/his.

the /etc/ha.d/ldirectord.cf file is as such

Global Directives
checktimeout=10
checkinterval=2
#fallback=127.0.0.1:80 <http://127.0.0.1:80>
autoreload=no
#logfile="/var/log/ldirectord.log"
logfile="local0"
quiescent=yes

# Virtual Server for HTTP
virtual=192.168.1.42:80 <http://192.168.1.42:80>
fallback=127.0.0.1:80 <http://127.0.0.1:80>
real=192.168.1.67:80 <http://192.168.1.67:80> gate
real=192.168.1.68:80 <http://192.168.1.68:80> gate
service=http
request="index.html"
receive="Test Page"
scheduler=rr
#persistent=600
protocol=tcp
checktype=negotiate

What I have to do so that I should be able to access the application running
on Real Servers from any machine within Lan by giving the ipaddress of LVS
servers http://192.168.1.42/his.

I have used ultramonkey Load Balancing example

http://www.ultramonkey.org/3/topologies/lb-eg.html

but this example contains LVS-NAT example whereas I need LVS-DR example.

The real servers are not getting added to the LVS.

The output of ipvadm -L -n

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
-> RemoteAddress:Port Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn

Please guide me how to make LVS-DR works on FC3 for Apache Load Balancing.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover