Re: configuring LVS-DR on FC3

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: configuring LVS-DR on FC3
From: Todd Lyons <tlyons@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:04:12 -0700
ankush grover wanted us to know:

>But so far I am not able to configure LVS-DR as most of the examples r given
>for kernel 2.2.x or 2.4.x and Fedora Core 3 comes with 2.6.x kernel.
>What I have to do to configure LVS-DR on fc3.

Regarding real servers, if you have 2.6.5 or above, you don't need to
patch your kernel.  Just load the correct modules (unless you compile
the kernel yourself, in which case you determine if you need to
recompile to enable it) and set the right settings.  Here's my system
setup for our realservers:

webmail1 etc # tail -n 6 /etc/sysctl.conf
# For load balanced machines
net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2

--
Regards...              Todd
  We should not be building surveillance technology into standards.