Re: configuring LVS-DR on FC3

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: configuring LVS-DR on FC3
From: ankush grover <ankushgrover1711@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:07:48 +0530

> These options also exist in 2.4.27 and above in the 2.4 series of
> kernels. Most distros now have kernels that have these options,
> which is excellent news.
>
> > webmail1 etc # tail -n 6 /etc/sysctl.conf
> > # For load balanced machines
> > net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_ignore = 1
> > net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_announce = 2
> > net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
> > net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2
>
> Using arp_announce and arp_ignore on lo probably is not what you want.
> These proc values operate on interfaces that send arp, not interfaces
> where addresses that shouldn't participate in arp are attached.
>
> More specifically, it should be set on your ethernet (and any other
> interfaces that send arp). All of them. For the common case
> where you only have eth0, it would look like this.
>
> net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_ignore = 1
> net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_announce = 2
> net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
> net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2
>
> --

hey everybody,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the same Network ID for Real Servers & for LVS server.I am having
only one Lan Card on each machine.

I just have to put these entries in /etc/sysctl.conf for real servers to
work or I have to do something more.

net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2

I am using ultramonkey configuration examples for building Apache Load
Balancing Servers and will be soon working on Mysql High Availability
Clustering.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover