Re: configuring LVS-DR on FC3

To: ankush grover <ankushgrover1711@xxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: configuring LVS-DR on FC3
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:14:24 +0900
On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 11:27:42AM +0530, ankush grover wrote:
> hey,
>
> I did put these entries in /etc/sysctl.conf of real servers,but still I am
> not able to access the application running on apache on real servers.
>

> Entries in /etc/sysctl.conf
> net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_ignore = 1
> net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_announce = 2
> net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
> net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2

You also need to run sysctl -p, or reboot the box,
to effect the change.

You can check the status by echoing the relevant proc values

e.g.

echo /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0.arp_ignore

> My Scenario is such
>
> LVS 192.168.1.42 <http://192.168.1.42>
> Real Server 1 192.168.1.67 <http://192.168.1.67>
> Real Server 2 192.168.1.68 <http://192.168.1.68>
>
> Apache application is running on both the real servers and can be accessed
> by giving the http://ipaddress/his.
>
> the /etc/ha.d/ldirectord.cf file is as such
>
> Global Directives
> checktimeout=10
> checkinterval=2
> #fallback=127.0.0.1:80 <http://127.0.0.1:80>
> autoreload=no
> #logfile="/var/log/ldirectord.log"
> logfile="local0"
> quiescent=yes
>
> # Virtual Server for HTTP
> virtual=192.168.1.42:80 <http://192.168.1.42:80>
> fallback=127.0.0.1:80 <http://127.0.0.1:80>
> real=192.168.1.67:80 <http://192.168.1.67:80> gate
> real=192.168.1.68:80 <http://192.168.1.68:80> gate
> service=http
> request="index.html"
> receive="Test Page"
> scheduler=rr
> #persistent=600
> protocol=tcp
> checktype=negotiate
>

> What I have to do so that I should be able to access the application running
> on Real Servers from any machine within Lan by giving the ipaddress of LVS
> servers http://192.168.1.42/his.
>
> I have used ultramonkey Load Balancing example
>
> http://www.ultramonkey.org/3/topologies/lb-eg.html
>
> but this example contains LVS-NAT example whereas I need LVS-DR example.
>
> The real servers are not getting added to the LVS.
>
> The output of ipvadm -L -n
>
> IP Virtual Server version 1.2.1 (size=4096)
> Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
> -> RemoteAddress:Port Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn

This means that there is some problem with ldirectord.
Perhaps it is not running. Or perhaps it fails.
Or perhaps it thinks all your real servers are down.

Try running it with the -d (debug) flag to see what it thinks
is going on.

ldirectord -d ldirectord.cf start

And, please run that from any directory that does _not_ contain
a file called ldirectord.

--
Horms