Re: configuring LVS-DR on FC3

To: ankush grover <ankushgrover1711@xxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: configuring LVS-DR on FC3
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:15:35 +0900
On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 12:30:09PM +0530, ankush grover wrote:
> On 9/22/05, Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 11:27:42AM +0530, ankush grover wrote:

[snip]

> > > # Virtual Server for HTTP
> > > virtual=192.168.1.42:80 <http://192.168.1.42:80> <http://192.168.1.42:80
> > >
> > > fallback=127.0.0.1:80 <http://127.0.0.1:80> <http://127.0.0.1:80>
> > > real=192.168.1.67:80 <http://192.168.1.67:80> <http://192.168.1.67:80>
> > gate
> > > real=192.168.1.68:80 <http://192.168.1.68:80> <http://192.168.1.68:80>
> > gate
> > > service=http
> > > request="index.html"
> > > receive="Test Page"
> > > scheduler=rr
> > > #persistent=600
> > > protocol=tcp
> > > checktype=negotiate
> > >

> Do I have put <http://192.168.1.68:80> in
> ldirectord.cf<http://ldirectord.cf>instead of
> 192.168.1.68:80 <http://192.168.1.68:80>.

I'm not sure where the <http://...> notation came from,
what are you getting at?

Your configuration file should probably look something like this.

# Virtual Server for HTTP
virtual=192.168.1.42:80
        fallback=127.0.0.1:80
        real=192.168.1.67:80 gate
        real=192.168.1.68:80 gate
        service=http
        request="index.html"
        receive="Test Page"
        scheduler=rr
        #persistent=600
        protocol=tcp
        checktype=negotiate

> > Try running it with the -d (debug) flag to see what it thinks
> > is going on.
> >
> > ldirectord -d ldirectord.cf <http://ldirectord.cf> start

And ldirectord is invoked something like this

ldirectord -d ldirectord.cf ldirectord.cf start

> There was some problem in the network.Now the real servers are getting added
> .
>
> But still i am not able to access the application running on Real
> Servers.DoI have to give an entry for the service running on apache(on
> real servers)
> in httpd.conf file of LVS servers.

If you want apache to answer queries for the VIP, and you
are using LVS-DR, then yes, apache has to respond to
quieries to the VIP.

> When i tried to access the <http://ipaddressoflvs/his> from a machine within
> the Lan it gave me error.Do I have to configure something on the LVS to make
> it work like iptables entries or any other entry.

No

> I have not configured Iptables on any of the machine and the default gateway
> on real servers is not LVS server.

That is good.

> Moreover I have not configured any alias loopback interface or any alias
> ethernet interface on real servers.

That is a problem. You need the loopback interface configured with the
VIP on each of the real servers, and you need to add the arp_ignore
and arp_announce flags that were talked about earlier, on the real
servers. You do not need to do either of these things on the linux
director, instead you should ad the VIP to whichever interface is
connected to the network that the VIP lives on, usually eth0.

--
Horms