Re: configuring LVS-DR on FC3

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: configuring LVS-DR on FC3
From: ankush grover <ankushgrover1711@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:52:49 +0530
> > .
> >
> > But still i am not able to access the application running on Real
> > Servers.DoI have to give an entry for the service running on apache(on
> > real servers)
> > in httpd.conf file of LVS servers.
>
> If you want apache to answer queries for the VIP, and you
> are using LVS-DR, then yes, apache has to respond to
> quieries to the VIP.

LVS server : 192.168.1.42 <http://192.168.1.42>
Real Server 1 : 192.168.1.67 <http://192.168.1.67>
Real Server 2 : 192.168.1.68 <http://192.168.1.68>
Client address: 192.168.1.45 <http://192.168.1.45>

Now the client tries to access directly the application running on any of
real servers ,Will LVS still able to Load Balance the Apache service ?

If the answer is "No" to the above question.Then How to do I make LVS server
responds to the queries for real servers that is if any client tries to
access the Application running on Real Servers by giving the
ipaddress of LVS server and the application path. for ex :
http://192.168.1.42/his.

> Moreover I have not configured any alias loopback interface or any alias
> > ethernet interface on real servers.
>
> That is a problem. You need the loopback interface configured with the
> VIP on each of the real servers, and you need to add the arp_ignore
> and arp_announce flags that were talked about earlier, on the real
> servers. You do not need to do either of these things on the linux
> director, instead you should ad the VIP to whichever interface is
> connected to the network that the VIP lives on, usually eth0.

my ifcfg-eth0 file(/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts).How to put the entry for
VIP on eth0

DEVICE=eth0
> ONBOOT=yes
> BOOTPROTO=static