using LVS with 2 servers

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: using LVS with 2 servers
From: Jon Molin <Jon.Molin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:15:02 +0100
Hi list,

I'm considering to use LVS with two servers. These will be two
webservers, i.e. only httpd running there. Now my problem is that I just
want these two servers as I've got very little space for them, I can't
fit in a third (or even forth) server to use as director. I read in the
howto chap 15 about localnode, and it says there '(We rarely hear of
anyone using this.)'. Is there a special reason for not many running it
or is it just that ppl generally has more servers?

What I want is as stated in ultra monkey 'high capacity, highly
available, load balance service' but only with two servers. One being
master, the other slave checking heartbeat of the master. As I might
somwhere in the future add a third server I want the sollution to be
scalabale and therefor it sounds like LVS (ultra monkey) is what I want,
if it works fine with only two servers.

So i guess my question is if ultra monkey is a good sollution for 2
servers or if I should go look for something else.

/Jon