Re: using LVS with 2 servers

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: using LVS with 2 servers
From: "Bjoern Metzdorf" <bm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:44:44 +0100
Hi,

> > fit in a third (or even forth) server to use as director. I read in the
> > howto chap 15 about localnode, and it says there '(We rarely hear of
> > anyone using this.)'. Is there a special reason for not many running it
> > or is it just that ppl generally has more servers?
>
> The LocalNode is a good choice, for example, if you have
> free CPU and memory to run a real service on the director.

We have very good experiences with 2 real-servers, where the first one is
also the director.

This is especially useful in setups, where you have a low number of requests
and a high amount of cpu-consumption per request (dynamic website), because
the lvs-code then just needs very low resources and you can save your money
for an extra unchallenged director.

Greets
Bjoern