Re: Survey: synchronisation and deployment

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Survey: synchronisation and deployment
From: James Ogley <james.ogley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Aug 2002 12:46:33 +0100
> I have a few quick questions for LVS users:
> 1. What mechanism are you using to synchronise your cluster?
> 2. How do you deploy new content?

These are really te same question :)

We have an internal 'staging' server that our web designers upload
content to.  A shell script we run as a daemon then rsync's the content
across the cluster members.

In addition, we have an externally facing FTP server that external
customers upload their content to.  The above mentioned shell script
rsyncs that content to itself as park of it's operation.

> 3. What is the nature of your cluster and its content?

Web, and various - very very various ;-)  (Including the link below)
--
James Ogley, Unix Systems Administrator, Pinnacle Insurance Plc
james.ogley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.pinnacle.co.uk +44 (0) 20 8731 3619

CONFIDENTIALITY.This e-mail and any attachments are
confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any
purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of Pinnacle Insurance plc.

If you have received this email in error please immediately
notify the Pinnacle Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 8207 9555.

www.mimesweeper.com