Re: Survey: synchronisation and deployment

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Survey: synchronisation and deployment
From: Ramon Kagan <rkagan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:20:32 -0400 (EDT)
See below.

Ramon Kagan
York University, Computing and Network Services
Unix Team -  Intermediate System Administrator
(416)736-2100 #20263
rkagan@xxxxxxxx

-------------------------------------
I have not failed.  I have just
found 10,000 ways that don't work.
        - Thomas Edison
-------------------------------------

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Tim Hollingsworth wrote:

> Hello LVS users
>
> I am an honours student at the University of Western Australia.  I am
> resarching open source approaches to web cluster synchronisation and
> content/application deployment.
>
> I have a few quick questions for LVS users:
>
> 1. What mechanism are you using to synchronise your cluster?

Hi,

We use lvs with keepalived for High Availability.  All our servers are
identical in setup, and use NFS to a cluster of Netapp filers (two F840s)
Our setup uses, LVS_DR since we push very close to the 100Mbit/s range,
NAT seemed to have too much overhead.

Services that we run are web(http, https), web mail, mail delivery.  Pop
and imap on soon to be added to this list.

> 2. How do you deploy new content?

New content is put onto the filers, thus all nfs clients pick it up
immediately.

> 3. What is the nature of your cluster and its content?
See above